Come, gather round
embodyperiod. workshops conjure healing and personal aliveness through the power of women sharing their embodied stories, with common intention and sacred stewardship.
These offerings are here for when you're seeking an evening to let down your hair and connect with other women, a weekend of tending the bond between you and your young daughter, to travel and explore your Wild Woman on a deep soul retreat, to release the dams of menstrual psychic inherence and embolden the flow of your own bloody legacy, or ready to heal and emerge from wounds of sexual trauma.
Bodystorm Women's Council
An embodyperiod. take on traditional talking circles, Bodystorm is like a guided visioning session with intuitive, interactive, and embodied exploration, and a vulva puppet talking-stick. This is a space of expression, deep listening, collective empowerment, and movement.
Each Bodystorm workshop offers collective opportunity to deepen into what's brewing within your relationships with female embodiment, dreams, identities of womanhood, personal, local, and global issues of felt importance. Roxanne guides 'stormers through creative exploration of stories from their lived experience, movement-based expression, and reflection on what is stirred in the imagination of the Bodystorm circle.
This free monthly workshop is designed for inner expansion, and collective change. The closing portion of the workshop imagines ways in which to bring the Bodystorm out into the movements of your daily life. RSVP (required) below to join the 'storm.
- February 13. Embodying the Inner Lover : Energy cannot be killed, it changes form. So it is with love. Embodying the Inner Lover is about harnessing the energy of love within ourselves. Let us gather to understand how love energy transforms us.
- March 13. Spring Dreamstar Council: Returning from autumn, the Dreamstar council renews us, body and soul, into the blooming world of imagination. Head to head, on pillows and blankets, we invoke dreams, memories, and reflections into a weave of collective rising power.
- April 10. Come As You Are: With open hearts, we'll take up the weather of the room. What is of felt importance to the women who attend. All matters of the body-soul experience of the female anatomy are welcomed. Consider this an open and safe space to drop into for two hours, in community and support, with heartfelt expression, listening, and soulful exploration.
- May 15. Mother, Matter, Menstruality: Once upon a time, we all came from the bodies of mother . . . This Bodystorm offers a post-Mother's Day space to tend your relationships to the intersections of both personal and archetypal mother figures, matter (body, earth, the material, maternal realms, and things that matter), and your menstruality. Nurtured in the sacred council space of the evening, we continue the mothering work of embodying ourselves.
- June 12. Stories, Myths, & Fairytales: Story carries and shapes consciousness. In gathering, sharing, and dwelling in the stories, myths, and fairytales that speak to our souls, we ground into embodied authorship of this mythic life. Let us envision, write, move, and empower ourselves on together.
- July 10. Musk, Heat, Creative Fire: In this peak summer 'storm we'll welcome all experiences and metaphors of fire. From lusty, to rage, to sunshine states of being, to channeling your inner creative flame. Womb and ovary activation visualization included. In a place of "shade"? That's OK too.
- September 11. Memories, Dream, Reflections: Taking our cue from the title of C. G. Jung's autobiography, we welcome that end of summer mood of reminisces and reverie with a Dreamstar council.
- October 9. Fall, Change, & PMS: As foliage turns here in the Northeast, we'll imagine ourselves through the transformational phase of alchemical yellow. Inner autumn experiences, a falling apart of the familiar, and the luteal (latin for yellow) phase of menstrual experience (aka PMS). Here we notice and befriend how we embody our edges of being and becoming.
- November 13. Winter Incubation: Let us gather psychic provisions for undergoing winter with intention. 'Tis the season for moving with quiet creative awareness, allowing for inner workings of the tacit dimensions and intuition to expand in the twilights of our awareness.
From Nymphs to Dragonflies • Daughters & Mothers Rising Together
This 3-part workshop is intended for girls (ages 11 & 12 more or less) and their mothers to learn, explore, empower, and celebrate the rite of passage through pubescent mind-body-soul change.
If you're a mom who believes in the power of women coming together, and the importance of your daughter experiencing inclusive, holistic, fun, and embodied wisdom, AND want to empower your mother-daughter bond through the changes of puberty and the years to come, this workshop is for you!
As a Jungian and archetypal depth psychologist, menstruality advocate, relational sexuality practitioner, and intersectional feminist, I blend education with inclusive ritual, storytelling and crafting, empowerment with movement and heartfelt bonding. I'm your guide through this journey and rite of passage for you and your daughter, and together we create this experience.
As you know, the topic of living in this world through the female anatomy is rich and deep! I've designed our 3 meetings to cover essential and powerful knowledge and group experience. Here's some of what we'll cover:
- Befriending our bodies and our mother-daughter relationships through the medicine wheel of embodied experience
- Period Positive Body Literacy: Playful learning about our bodies, vulvas, the 5th vital sign of menstruation, our Moon-Body Cycles of Power, and tools for how to read and navigate our embodied changes
- Mother-line Storytelling Council
- Shakti Chocolate Dance Meditation
- Girl Craft Time and Mom Gather time (gifts and closing group ceremony plans dreamed up here!)
- Menstrual Product Play Table and Demo
- Walking the medicine wheel of embodied experience home. Moms and daughters pair-up and co-create ways of using the wheel to navigate forward together
- The Anonymous Bag of Questions (ask anything and it shall be answered!). Download a free sample of answers to Qs here!
- Sacred Moon-Body Closing Ceremony
Ready to gather and rise together? This workshop is by your request! So gather up a group of your favorite mamas and girls. Group size can range from 4 to 10 pairs. Reach out to me via the button below to begin the journey of celebrating and empowering the sacred bond between mothers and daughters – now, and for generations to come.
EMERGENCE • Surfacing from Sexual Trauma
Be guided up and out from the depths.
This workshop series is a way through. A way to the surface. A way of emergence.
Here is healing your sexual story, expanding the vision of your empowered embodied legacy, and renewing your sensual experience.
Root and emerge into your body-soul calling.
In each segment of this series, you'll undergo a phase of the alchemical process of transformation where the dark material of your soul-story is reconfigured into embodied gold. Ritual, art making, deep listening, meditation, movement, sharing, group wisdom council, & the soul-centered principles of Jungian depth psychology are our tools across the thresholds of the journey of empowered healing.
• Phase One is of welcoming and unfurling the dark matter of your sexual story, in the safe and sacred space of our intimate gathering of women. Gathered around a the medicine wheel of empowered embodiment, you commence your intentions for what shall be moved beyond, and what you shall claim and expand for emergent self.
• Phase Two conjures reflection. Through medicine wheel ritual and reflective art making, images of the self are looked at, mirrored, moved. Here, the dark matter goes through a process of what the ancient alchemists called a "whitening" as the soulwork of transformation gains heat.
• Phase Three sighs in the process of letting go. Where the old story shifts, where what you once longed for is re-membered, flesh and soul. Where you become, and move into the waters of always becomingin the dancing body of your authentic sexual being.
• Phase Four you are dancing in the consciousness of your newly empowered and embodied story. Ritual and ceremony mark and initiate your surfacing, your emergence into the full complex beauty of your authentic sexual self. This phase, said the alchemists, is the "reddening" – your face flushed with aliveness!
• And onwards . . . receive follow up support from Dr. Roxanne Partridge and your EMERGENCE workshop group.
Next EMERGENCE workshop is happening in autumn 2018. To receive updates and details sign up through the button below.